Wendell Wray Memorial Scholarship
Dr. and Mrs. Ryonosuke Shiono Award
Austrian Room Committee
Knowledge of the German language is preferred
Ivan Santa-Cruz Memorial Award
PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA OR TAIWAN
John H. Tsui Memorial Award
Czechoslovak Room Committee
Knowledge of basic Czech or Slovak language skills a plus
Hungarian Room Committee
In Memory of Roger Nagy
Indian Room Committee
John F. Kennedy/Irish Room Committee
In Memory of Earl McCabe
Israel Heritage Room Committee
Dr. Douglas Radcliffe-Umstead Memorial Scholarship
Josephine and John McCloskey Memorial Award
Fred C. Bruhns Memorial Award
Working knowledge of Arabic or Farsi required
Polish Room Committee Scholarship
Eugene Manasterski Memorial Award
ANY LOCATION ABROAD
Judge Genevieve Blatt Award
Graduate women in School of Law or Department of Political Science
Dorothy Bradley Brown Physical Therapy Award
Physical Therapy students (SHRS)
James W. Knox Memorial Award
George F. & Mary Ann McGunagle Award
Preference given to humanitarian proposals which can be tested in an emerging nation. Language fluency a plus.
Ruth Crawford Mitchell Memorial Award
Stanley Prostrednik Memorial Award
Stanley Prostrednik Health Sciences Award
For Health Science students (Dental Medicine, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, Health & Rehabilitation)
Helen Pool Rush Scholarship
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a current full-time student on a University of Pittsburgh campus for the fall and spring terms prior to study abroad
- Must be enrolled and on campus as a full-time student for the fall and spring terms immediately following the study abroad
- Proposed study abroad must relate to career goals
- Foreign language skills if required by the scholarship
- Minimum stay of five weeks in one country or region during the summer term
- Propose a career-related, credit-worthy study abroad program, internship or independent research study.
- Good academic standing
- *Previous awardees are not eligible to apply again.
Online Application. Please complete and submit through online application.
- Complete independent research portion if applicable.
- Two letters of recommendation. One from a Pitt faculty member and a second from a faculty/other. Complete and submit through the online application.
- Awardee Obligation Signature Form. Print from online application, sign and submit a hard copy to 1209 Cathedral of Learning
- Academic Credit Signature Page- Obtain approval for study proposal with signatures from Dean of School, Academic Advisor and Study Abroad office. Submit hard copy to 1209 Cathedral of Learning and keep a copy.
- Other Scholarships Notice. Complete and submit through online application.
- Attend a scholarship information session. Sign up at :(http://www.nationalityrooms.pitt.edu/scholarshipsgrants. If unable to attend, please make an appointment with the Scholarship Administrator
Applicants may apply for 2 scholarships but can only receive 1 scholarship award.
Application becomes available: September 2016
Scholarship information session begins: September 20, 2016
Last scholarship information session: January 10, 2017
Completed Applications Due: January 19, 2017
Finalists announced: January 30, 2017
Finalist interviews begin on: February 6, 2017
To sign up for information session and for complete information on the Nationality Rooms Summer Study Abroad Scholarships, visit us at http://www.nationalityrooms.pitt.edu/scholarshipsgrants.
Nationality Rooms Program
1209 Cathedral of Learning, University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Phone: 412.624.6150; Fax: 412.624.4214