The French American Exchange Program is a Spring Semester Study Abroad Program for Electrical and/or Computer Engineering students in their third year in an undergraduate program. Courses are taught in English by professors at the French University ENSEA (Ecole Nationale Superieure de L’Electronique at de ses Applications), which is 30 minutes outside Paris.
- Students in their third year of an undergraduate Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science program
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- No disciplinary issues
- The cost paid directly to ENSEA is 3500 Euros. This does not include housing, please visit their website for more information about housing costs.
- Please note once you are registered for the program, you will be charged the $400 study abroad fee through the Pitt Pay system.
- Please note you will have to apply for a visa to study in France.
- Please review the ENSEA website to budget for other costs while abroad. Pitt students are responsible for their own airfare cost.
Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our Budgeting page for more information.
Questions about Funding study abroad? Check out the Study Abroad’s funding search page and note that SSoE has funding specifically for Pitt engineering students- check it out on the PittFundSMe!
You must first be accepted by the Swanson School of Engineering International Programs office by our posted deadline.
Atthe same time, you will complete the ENSEA -FAME application . ENSEA's deadline to apply has been extended to October 18
ENSEA requires the following. Please review the ENSEA -FAME page for links to application form, and other pertinent documents.
- Application form
- Transcripts offical copy
- Letter from your school certifying your eligibility for the program (from International Programs office, 152 Benedum Hall)
- Outline of courses you may take that are offered, and approved by your academic adviser.
- Pitt's Application deadline- Spring, Oct 18
- Deadline to provide documents to ENSEA- Oct. 18
- Pitt's Mandatory Program Agreement meeting - (Spring programs) Nov 12
Om Swastiastu Pitt! My name is Lauren, and I am one of the Global Programs Managers in the Swanson School of Engineering. I studied abroad in Indonesia during undergraduate, and worked as a peer study abroad advisor once I returned. After my study abroad trip, I knew that I wanted to support students to have life-changing experiences abroad too. Let's talk about your interests and find a program that will help you achieve your goals!
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Global as the Care Unit.
- Select 152 Benedum as the Location
- Select ENGR Global as the service
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Having trouble or don't see a time that works for you? Just email me!