IAESTE provides international professional opportunities for students in the technical fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Architecture). Participants complete internships at host institutions ranging from large multinational corporations to university research centers to startups. All IAESTE participants receive a stipend that generally covers at least the cost of living –housing, transportation and food – in their host city. Housing/accommodation assistance and other administrative services, such as assistance with the visa process, are provided by the local IAESTE organization in the respective host country. Additional in-country support is provided by a network of local student-volunteers, who organize cultural activities and assist with logistics.
IAESTE internship locations differ every year depending on company needs. The list at the right lists a few of the locations from the past few years; this is not a complete list nor does it reflect the current placements. Rather this list is a sample of past locations only.
Interested in learning more- watch this brief video about the program and how to apply: http://culturalvistas.adobeconnect.com/p2pgtgg5sx72/
- Pitt Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. student in good standing
- Academic Standing: Applicants should have attained junior-level standing or above by the time the internship begins. Sophomores may also apply, but should include some relevant internship or lab experience as part of their application. Graduating seniors and recent graduates are only eligible for work authorization in certain countries, and are encouraged to speak with the program team before submitting an application.
- Major: Technical field of study, including but not limited to all engineering fields, computer science, architecture, natural and physical sciences, or agricultural sciences.
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Costs: Please check with the provider's website. Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our Budgeting page for more information.
You will apply to both Pitt's online application on this website, and also apply directly to IAESTE here. The IAESTE deadline and Pitt application and deadline are NOT the same. The IAESTE deadline to apply is typically Dec. 1st.
Konnichiwa! After working for the JET program in Japan for just over two years, I decided to pursue a career in international education. I returned to the US via a few months of travel -slowing making my way west with many stops in stunning locations and with amazing people. Whenever possible, I continue to love exploring new countries and cultures! I have been fortunate to work both as an administrator and as a classroom educator in higher education; my areas of interest are international, adult and comparative education. I enjoy assisting engineering students seize international opportunities! Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
Select Pitt Global as the appointment type
Select ENGR Intl - 152 Benedum
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Don't see a time that works for you? Just send me an email!