This program has typically been over 4 weeks in beautiful Lyon and enjoy a truly global experience at the IPL International Summer School in Lyon, France!
Classes are in English but you can also improve your French language skills while studying at one of the four IPL Engineering Schools. Students take one 3 credit engineering course in English, and you can take French language classes as well.
Global Experience Requirements:
- Good academic and behavioral standing
- Must be studying in your second year or higher at the time of application
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Please check partner school for additional requirements
Cost of the program: Please check with the provider's website. Please note once you are registered for the program, you will be charged the $300 study abroad fee through the Pitt Pay system. Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our Budgeting page for more information.
For global scholarship opportunities, check out:
- The Pitt GEO scholarship page for links to national, provider and private scholarship samples
- PittFund$Me for Pitt sponsored funding including Pitt wide global scholarships, Nationality Rooms, VIH, etc.
- PittFund$Me for the SSOE Global Experience Scholarships!
If you are applying to a Pitt-recognized program (PRP), you must work concurrently on the internal Pitt application that you create at www.globalexperiences.pitt.edu and on your program provider’s application through their respective websites. You can’t move forward without completing both applications. While program providers’ application deadlines are often later than our internal Pitt deadline, you have to finish the Pitt application’s pre-decision steps by our internal deadline. A Pitt GEO Advisor will ensure that both your GPA and your disciplinary record allow your status to be changed to “nominated” on your Pitt application. The actual acceptance to your PRP comes from the provider only after you are nominated by Pitt.
After you are nominated by by Pitt, please complete the IPL Summer school application. We encourage you to read and review the application while waiting for the nomination decision.
Please review IPL's deadline-it's typically in April.
Reach out to your Pitt GEO Advisor with any questions. We are here to help!
For general Pitt-Recognized Program advising and course approval, please reach out to your school's advisor:
- Nursing - Lucinda Morgan
- Arts and Sciences - Leslie Ann Smedley
- Business - Rick Moslen
- Engineering - Lauren Smith-Lemesh
- Honors - Bryan Schultz
- Pitt Bradford - TBD
- Pitt Greensburg - TBD
- Pitt Johnstown - TBD
*If you do not see your school/department listed here, please email email@example.com and we will connect you with the appropriate advisor.
Lauren Smith-Lemesh M.Ed.
Om Swastiastu Pitt! My name is Lauren, and I am one of the Global Programs Managers in the Swanson School of Engineering. I studied abroad in Indonesia during undergraduate, and worked as a peer study abroad advisor once I returned. After my study abroad trip, I knew that I wanted to support students to have life-changing experiences abroad too. Let's talk about your interests and find a program that will help you achieve your goals!
Schedule an appointment
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Global as the Care Unit.
- Select 152 Benedum as the Location
- Select ENGR Global as the service
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Having trouble or don't see a time that works for you? Just email me!