Spend 3 months conducting research at Ort Braude College in Karmiel Israel. Ort Braude College is an engineering focused school dedicated to teaching, research along with working in cooperation with industry. The Ort Braude Summer Research brochure provides more information on the program. This brochure provides additional general information on research at Ort Braude.
- Pitt student in good academic and behavioral standing
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be in rising Junior or Senior status at the time of application
watch a video about our Pitt students at Ort Braude!
Costs for the program:
Students are required to take a class at Ort Braude while abraod. Costs are outlined below:
- Airfare (~$1,500-$2,000)
- Transportation costs (city busy pass) (~$352)
- International student Housing for 3 months ( ~$1260)
- International phone/wifi plan- (~$15/month)
- Meals (~$500)
- Travel Tours, 6 of them- $720
- Personal expenses ($~500)
You should first apply to Pitt's online application by: TBD
In addition to our online application, students should review the possible summer 2020 projects (Posted on this website in early Fall term) and submit the following to 152 Benedum by TBD
- Statement of research interest (relating to one of the projects offered)
- Official Transcript
- Courses you are taking in spring 2020
- Recommendation letter from Pitt faculty member
As a part of the application process, you could be asked to be a part of a SKYPE interview with our partners at Ort Braude.
Konnichiwa! After working for the JET program in Japan for just over two years, I decided to pursue a career in international education. I returned to the US via a few months of travel -slowing making my way west with many stops in stunning locations and with amazing people. Whenever possible, I continue to love exploring new countries and cultures! I have been fortunate to work both as an administrator and as a classroom educator in higher education; my areas of interest are international, adult and comparative education. I enjoy assisting engineering students seize international opportunities! Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
Select Pitt Global as the appointment type
Select ENGR Intl - 152 Benedum
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Don't see a time that works for you? Just send me an email!