Spend 3 months conducting research at Ort Braude College in Karmiel Israel. Ort Braude College is an engineering focused school dedicated to teaching, research along with working in cooperation with industry.
- Pitt student in good academic and behavioral standing
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be in rising Junior or Senior status at the time of application
Costs for the program:
Students are registered for a 3 credit class through Pitt. The only cost of the course is a $300 study abroad fee. Additional costs required are below:
- Airfare (~$1,500-$2,000)
- Transportation costs (city busy pass) (~$352)
- International student Housing for 3 months ( ~$1260)
- International phone/wifi plan- (~$15/month)
- Meals (~$500)
- Travel Tours, 6 of them- $720
- Personal expenses ($~500)
Funding through the Swanson School of Engineering might be possible, please watch for research and internship funding infromation to be sent out to all students via email. Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our Budgeting page for more information.
You should first apply to Pitt's online application by: Feb 3, 2020
In addition to our online application, students should review the possible summer projects (Posted on this website in early Fall term) and submit the following to 152 Benedum by Feb.3, 2020
- Statement of research interest (relating to one of the projects offered)
- Official Transcript
- Courses you are taking in spring 2020
- Recommendation letter from Pitt faculty member
As a part of the application process, you could be asked to be a part of a SKYPE interview with our partners at Ort Braude.
Konnichiwa! After working for the JET program in Japan for just over two years, I decided to pursue a career in international education. I returned to the US via a few months of travel -slowing making my way west with many stops in stunning locations and with amazing people. Whenever possible, I continue to love exploring new countries and cultures! I have been fortunate to work both as an administrator and as a classroom educator in higher education; my areas of interest are international, adult and comparative education. I enjoy assisting engineering students seize international opportunities! Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!