The Chinese University of Hong Kong International Summer School is an intensive academic experience and immersion in Chinese culture. The program features two sessions in July and August, with the July session being 5 weeks and the August session being a 3-week intensive Chinese language session.
This program is open to all Pitt students.
- Good academic and behavioral standing
- Must be studying in your second year or higher at the time of application
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Please check partner school for additional requirements
Cost of the program: Please check with the provider's website. Please note once you are registered for the program, you will be charged the $300 study abroad fee through the Pitt Pay
Questions about Funding study abroad? Check out the Study Abroad’s funding search page and note that SSoE has funding specifically for Pitt engineering students.
You should first apply to Pitt's online application. Once you have been accepted by the Engineering International Program Office (even if you are not an engineering student), you should start your application for the CUHK International Summer School here under "Apply for an unforgettable summer experience." Under the portal here.
- Pitt's Application deadline: Sunday, Feb. 16
- Pitt's Mandatory Program Agreement meeting - Friday, March 27
- Please check the provider’s website for their application deadline.
- Program start and end date: Check with provider
Konnichiwa! After working for the JET program in Japan for just over two years, I decided to pursue a career in international education. I returned to the US via a few months of travel -slowing making my way west with many stops in stunning locations and with amazing people. Whenever possible, I continue to love exploring new countries and cultures! I have been fortunate to work both as an administrator and as a classroom educator in higher education; my areas of interest are international, adult and comparative education. I enjoy assisting engineering students seize international opportunities! Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
Select Pitt Global as the appointment type
Select ENGR Intl - 152 Benedum
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Don't see a time that works for you? Just send me an email!