Data Mining and Business Intelligence for Cyber Security Applications summer program focuses on automatic data analysis and the extraction of information and knowledge. Gain both theoretical and practical knowledge by learning the basic tools of data mining in Israel’s cyber security command center, Beersheba. The program includes of two 3-credit courses and a mandatory one-week internship at BGU’s Cyber Security Research Center. Additionally, students take part in professional field trips with Industry leaders.
Review a video about the program here:
- Good academic and behavioral standing
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- In third year of undergraduate program
- Please check partner school for additional requirements
Cost of the program: Please check with the provider's website. Please note once you are registered for the program, you will be charged the $300 study abroad fee through the Pitt Pay system. Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our Budgeting page for more information.
For global scholarship opportunities, check out:
- the Pitt GEO scholarship page for links to national, provider and private scholarship samples
- PittFund$Me for Pitt sponsored funding including Pitt wide global scholarships, Nationality Rooms, VIH, etc.
- PittFund$Me for the SSOE Global Experience Scholarships!
You must first be accepted by the Swanson School of Engineering International Programs Office, then you will be directed to apply to Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. Prior to being accepted by Pitt, please read the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev application. Their application deadline is early March. Please verify deadlines on their website. Please start it in-advance because it will take time for you to prepare this application. (Typically you will need a personal statement, official transcript, academic recommendation letter, etc.but other items may be needed.)
Om Swastiastu Pitt! My name is Lauren, and I am one of the Global Programs Managers in the Swanson School of Engineering. I studied abroad in Indonesia during undergraduate, and worked as a peer study abroad advisor once I returned. After my study abroad trip, I knew that I wanted to support students to have life-changing experiences abroad too. Let's talk about your interests and find a program that will help you achieve your goals!
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Global as the Care Unit.
- Select 152 Benedum as the Location
- Select ENGR Global as the service
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Having trouble or don't see a time that works for you? Just email me!