Welcome to the Global Business Institute (GBI) Virtual Internship. Over 60% of hiring managers pursue potential applicants who have international experience. This opportunity will provide you with transferable workplace skills in an international setting without having to leave the comfort of your home or on-campus dorm.
- Semester-long part-time internships (20 hours per week)
- Guaranteed placement in one of five different international locations
- Companies vary from start-ups to large organizations
- Global Internship Course, which focuses on building personal and professional development skills alongside other CAPA internship students.
- Fields and industries include Business & Market Research, Creative Marketing, Data Analytics, Digital Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, International Marketing, Sports Management, and more
Upon acceptance, students will be matched and placed in internships in one of the following locations:
- Barcelona, Spain
- Dublin, Ireland
- Florence, Italy
- London, England
- Sydney, Australia
Please note that internships are always unpaid, always for three credits, and always pass/fail. Internships are available for students in their second semester of sophomore year or higher.
Want to learn more? Check out the Pitt Business To the World student blog.
In addition to completing the internship, students will be required to attend the weekly Global Internship course (through CAPA). This 1.5 hour-per-week course will provide you with additional support, mock interview opportunities, mentoring by industry professionals, career workshops to help tailor your professional experience to go beyond solely what you may achieve through the internship, and much more.
This is a part-time internship (20 hours per week). In addition, you will attend weekly discussion-led sessions that include educational support and mentoring in a classroom environment, develop personal and professional skills, and learn to contextualize your internship experience socially and culturally. You will receive 3 credits for this course.
Please note internships are available for students who have successfully completed three semesters of coursework at Pitt or a transfer university as a degree-seeking student.
The University of Pittsburgh partners with the CAPA the Global Education Network for this program. For more than 45 years CAPA: The Global Education Network has worked with institutions of higher education to build programs that meet their goals for learning abroad. CAPA operates education centers in Global Cities and have developed distinct academic offerings, support frameworks, and oversight structures for students and visiting faculty.
I’m Rick, and I’m an International Programs Manager at Pitt Business. I have managed international programming, advised & taught international students, and helped others strengthen their cultural competancies for over seven years. My international interests began as an undergrad, and since then I’ve explored over 26 countries and have experienced everything from presenting on a panel at a music festival in Spain, to studying traditional dance music in Peru, to getting chased by monkeys in Malaysia (not recommended), to hiking to the top of Table Mountain in South Africa. Fun fact: I love turbulence on planes (it’s like getting rocked to sleep).
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 412-383-5476.
Schedule an appointment with me using Handshake!
- Log in to Handshake
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Business International Programs Advising as the Category
- Select International Programs Advising - Pitt Business as the Appointment Type
- Select a day, find my name and find time that works best for you!
Don't see a time that works for you? Just send me an email!
- The tuition cost of a virtual internship will be included in the cost of flat-rate tuition (if taking between 12-18 credits).
- Please note that there is a $350 non-refundable deposit to commit to the program.The deposit will be credited back to your spring semester bill.
- Scholarships are available to all Pitt Business undergraduate students (see the "Additional Information" page).
Students must apply for the program via Pitt's study abroad website (select "Apply Now") and through CAPA's website. The CAPA team will then notify the International Programs office once the students' applications are processed and accepted.
For scholarship opportunities, be sure to check out the Pitt Study Abroad page.
Pitt Business students may also apply for additional scholarships through the Pitt Business International Scholarships here. Please note that the application deadline for the Pitt Business International Scholarship is the same as the program application deadline.