Spend a Semester, Summer or even a year studying engineering in Cyprus!
This program is open to all University of Pittsburgh students and offers a number of courses in the STEM fields.
Take engineering courses (in English) in the fields of Civil and Enviornmental Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Oil & Gas Engineering at the University of Nicosia. You can also do a research internship in addition to your classes! This program is managed by a program provider called Global Semesters.
- Fall: Mid September- Mid December
- Spring: Mid January-Late May
- Summer: Early June- Early July
- Good academic and behavioral standing
- Must have completed 30 academic credits before entering the program.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Please check partner school for additional requirements
The 2019-2020 University of Nicosia/Global Semesters study abroad guide lists dates, courses and general information for the semester and summer programs.
Cost of the program: Please check with the provider's website. Please note once you are registered for the program, you will be charged the $400 study abroad (semester) fee or the $300 study abroad (summer) fee through the Pitt Pay system. Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our Budgeting page for more information.
Please apply first to this application website and apply to Global Semesters. Please check their website for exact application deadlines.
- Pitt's Application deadline- Spring: Oct. 13; Summer: Feb 16 and Fall 2020: May 15
- Pitt's Mandatory Program Agreement meeting - for Fall 2020: TBD - virtual meeting for 2020
- Program start and end date: Check with provider
Konnichiwa! After working for the JET program in Japan for just over two years, I decided to pursue a career in international education. I returned to the US via a few months of travel -slowing making my way west with many stops in stunning locations and with amazing people. Whenever possible, I continue to love exploring new countries and cultures! I have been fortunate to work both as an administrator and as a classroom educator in higher education; my areas of interest are international, adult and comparative education. I enjoy assisting engineering students seize international opportunities! Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
Select Pitt Global as the appointment type
Select ENGR Intl - 152 Benedum
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Don't see a time that works for you? Just send me an email!