Safety is the Study Abroad Office’s number one priority. While there is inherent risk in international travel, we do our best to mitigate risk and emphasize student safety by:
- Working with trusted partners and providers overseas.
- Keeping strict standards for housing.
- Performing yearly site visits and program audits.
- Training our faculty and staff in best practices abroad.
- Keeping abreast of world news and political situations.
- Monitoring all US Department of State advisories, alerts, and warnings.
- Maintaining a 24-hour-a-day, 365-days-a-year Study Abroad Emergency Hotline.
If you have any questions about the Study Abroad Office’s standards for health, safety, and security, please contact our Director, Jeffrey Whitehead.
In the event of an overseas emergency, please contact InternationalSOS, the University's duty of care provider, at +1-215-942-8478 and provide membership ID number 11BMAS563390.